Pages

Friday, July 20, 2007

Story Eating Room, Dollar Budweisers and the MLS All Star Game

Given that the game was last Saturday I really missed the boat on writing up a report on the travesty that were the last 40 minutes against Dallas. Disappointing really sums it up, although while watching the game from right behind La Norte, Dallas' goals weren't all that surprising. I had a perfect view of Brian Carroll being outworked by Toja on his first goal. On his second I was forced to watch Mr. Hyde come errently out of the goal and be outjumped.

I wrote up a report of the game on the Metro the other morning and I think it disappeared in the depths of my room. Unfortunately no dog to blame for eating it. I think it found its way into my shiny new trash can.

So with game report gone missing I went to meet up with Brian (one of my roommates) to catch the All Star game and some beers down at Union Jacks in Bethesda. Nice bar they have down there, lots of pool tables, and Thursday the Budweisers are $1 starting at 7.

Given the lack of information (the All Star game started at 9:30 I think) and the amount of time to drink dollar Budweisers between 7 and kickoff, I consequently missed a good bit of the game.

I did see Beckhams blond head. I did see Gomez score before looking at the linesman in dismay. I saw the Colombians score. I saw EJ miss his penalty because he neglected to notice that the goalkeeper was pretty much already standing on the side where he was shooting. That's all that happened right? Two and a half hours = many $1 Budweisers.

No comments: