Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm Not Insane I'm Not Insane



Occasionally you go to a show expecting very little and you get rocked in the face. Such was the case last night at the Patriot Center with Avenged Sevenfold on the "Taste of Chaos" tour with emo friends in tow.

When I think arena show, I don't think 5 drunk dudes (it was St. Patty's Day) running around like madmen for an hour and a half. But AX7, and to be fair Atreyu also, must have been tired after the show that included fireworks, regular pyrotechnics and over the top guitar solos. There was even an impressively orchestrated circle pit.

The video shows the band getting a fan up on stage to share a shot of Jameson. Too bad the second participant wasn't shown with her sneak attack ass grabbing on singer M. Shadows. More after the jump if you're interested -



Avenged Sevenfold is by no means one of my favorites but they ripped through some tracks, even an oldie with Second Heartbeart, and impressed with the newer songs I'm not as familiar with including my favorite of the set "I'm Not Insane."

Shadows' growling voice was huge live as were Synyster Gates' guitar heroics. The band even reeled themselves in after nearly spiraling drunkenly out of control, half heartedly starting a cover of Metallica's "Whiskey in a Jar" and then starting and stopping themselves at the beginning of "Seize the Day."

Occasionally too much indulgent shredding. Occasionally too much third kick drum on the drum kit (necessary?). But all in all I'd probably go for a second round.

No comments: